Listen: A. R. Rahman's "Poovukkul" (Tamil)

You know the drill. You listen to one song, and it triggers an avalanche of songs that you've loved over the years, whether be it from the same composer or the singer, and you end up with a lot more than what you've bargained for. I find such explorations fascinating, for it allows you to better appreciate the nuances of the music that might have otherwise gone unnoticed. And that's exactly what happened to me with Kulirudhu Kulirudhu, a song that I find myself coming back to again and again, at the same time prompting me to journey through Unnikrishnan's discography. Until I stopped dead on my tracks at Poovukkul. Has there been a more wonderful song than this? Listen to the song on the left (via Saavn) and be prepared to be mesmerised.

Comments