Humans of New York: A Beacon of Positivity

Can Internet be ever a good place filled with good people? I would say it mostly is, it's just that we tend to focus more on the negative side, branding it as a place abound with trolls and people who have nothing else to do other than hurl abuses at others for no rhyme or reason. So yes, there's a lot good happening out there on the web, but if there's one beacon of positivity, I would unfailingly point my fingers at Humans of New York, the photo blog started by Brandon Stanton. No matter how busy and occupied I am in my day-to-day life, I make sure I come back to it every now and then, to catch a glimpse of the lives of people who are utterly strangers to me, and getting solace in the fact that it's not just me who's going through what I'm going through. And this particular one about a young boy with the caption "I'm homosexual, and I'm afraid about what my future will be and that people won't like me" is more than heart-breaking. It's poignant and inspiring!

Comments