Heavy Rotation: Brandon Flowers, Rhiannon Giddens, Grimes & More

Some of the recent listens from Brandon Flowers, Grimes, Zac Brown Band and Beach House...

Myth, Take Care, Apple Orchard, Wishes, Zebra, Norway, Walk in the Park, 10 Mile Stereo, Other People, Irene, On the Sea, Troublemaker (Beach House) - If there's one band that I'm a big, big fan of, then it's Beach House (aside from Fleet Foxes, of course!). Their songs are ambient, blissful and can give you a high. Don't need no drugs!

Can't Deny My Love (Brandon Flowers) - A mind-blowing synthpop number, catchy all the same.

Fix You (Coldplay) - My absolute favourite from Coldplay, by turns invigorating and uplifting.

Crazy (Gnarls Barkley) - Crazy is one crazy song that's driven me crazy just listening to it!

Go (Grimes ft. Blood Diamonds) - Synthpop has grown on me and how! Go is one heck of an addictive song.

It Is What It Is (Lifehouse) - I never get tired of It Is What It Is just like how I don't get tired of OneRepublic's Apologize; both very simple and very heartfelt.

All My Love (Major Lazer ft. Ariana Grande) - Part of the Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1 OST, this Ariana Grande sung EDM song has a sick hook, and I'm hooked to it.

Angel City (Rhiannon Giddens) - Haunting and hypnotic, Angel City is simply scintillating and too beautiful for words in Rhiannon Giddens's angelic voice. And yes, those violins!

Loving You Easy (Zac Brown Band) - It's criminal how a song so charming as this one can be so short, but is it really country?

Comments